… make great bolied eggs with soldiers
Toast soldiers dipped into golden yolks – there’s no better way to enjoy the eggs laid by your own hens!
Hattie says: Always ask Mum or Dad if it’s ok to use the kitchen, and make sure there’s a grown-up around when you are cooking. Remember to wash your hands before starting, and always leave the kitchen clean and tidy!
For each person, you will need:
One or two eggs
One or two slices of bread
Butter or spread
Try to take the eggs out of the fridge half an hour before cooking them. If you forget, pierce the round end with a pin – this helps to stop the eggs from cracking.
• Heat a small pan of water until it is simmering.
• Using a spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the water.
• Cook gently for three to four minutes, depending on the size of the eggs, and how soft you like them.
• Toast the bread, butter it and cut into fingers.
• Remove the eggs from the pan with a spoon.
• Serve the eggs in egg-cups, with toast soldiers for dipping.
Image(s) provided by: